Magnesium’s benefits can include reduced symptoms from conditions such as chronic pain, fatigue and insomnia. Magnesium may also provide protection from a number of chronic diseases, especially those associated with aging and stress. Recently re-discovered as an overlooked key to good health, a number of medical researchers are recommending increases to the RDA for magnesium — sometimes suggesting as much as double the current recommendations — to ensure protection from diseases such as osteoporosis and hypertension. Essential to life, necessary for good health, and a vital component within our cells, magnesium’s benefits help our bodies maintain balance, avoid illness, perform well under stress, and maintain a general state of good health.
WHAT CONDITIONS CAN BENEFIT FROM MAGNESIUM?
Magnesium is known to reduce muscle tension, lessen pain associated with migraine headaches, improve sleep, and address neurological disorders such as anxiety and depression.
Conditions linked to magnesium levels include:
PAIN Cramps Headaches Muscle Spasms and Muscle Fibromyalgia
MENTAL HEALTH AND SLEEP
- Anxiety, Depression, Autism and ADD
- Restless Leg Syndrome (RLS)
- Insomnia Tics
- Psoriasis, Acne and Eczema
- Blood Pressure
Magnesium works within our cells — the powerhouses, factories and regulators of the body’s systems.
Because it is a necessary part of hundreds of biochemical reactions occurring constantly inside our cells, magnesium’s presence or absence affects the brain, the muscles, and the heart and blood vessels.
MAGNESIUM BATH FLAKES APPLICATION GUIDE
Ancient Minerals bath flakes offer an economical form for creating a healing magnesium footbath or full tub bath. Temperature of the water should be warm but not hot. Hot water causes the skin to eliminate rather than absorb.
- Dissolve 1-3 cups or more of the magnesium flakes into a warm footbath or tub bath, and soak for 30 minutes or longer.
- For use in full body tub baths, use up to 8 lbs of magnesium flakes per bath for intense applications.
- 1 cup of Ancient Minerals magnesium flakes delivers approximately 15 g of elemental magnesium into your foot soak or tub bath.