1.6 g / .06 oz
Our Traditional Yogurt Starter is a pleasantly tangy direct-set yogurt starter that is easy to use. Make yogurt when you need to and freeze the remaining packets for later. With no starter to maintain this culture a great choice for beginners.
Each box contains
- 4 packets of starter culture.
- Use 1 packet with 1-2 quarts milk. (For larger batches, use 2 packets with 1-4 gallons milk.)
- Cultures at 110ºF using a yogurt maker or other appliance.
- Suitable for use with pasteurized whole milk and with raw dairy milk or non-dairy milk, with special care. Avoid ultra-pasteurized or UHT milk. Direct-set (single-use) culture -
- each packet makes one batch of yogurt.
Instructions for using this culture are included OR download PDF here
Yogurt is amazingly versatile, and may be used in many recipes from smoothies to baked goods.
Traditional Yogurt Starter Culture Ingredients:
Lactose, Live active cultures (Bifidobacterium lactis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Lactobacillus delbrueckii subsp. bulgaricus, Streptococcus thermophilus) This product contains no GMO ingredients.
Traditional Yogurt Starter Culture Allergen Information
- Manufactured in a facility that also produces products containing soy and dairy.
- May contain trace amounts of gluten: Barley source is used as a fermentation nutrient.
- Non-GMO Traditional Yogurt Starter Culture
Shipping Information and Shelf Life
- Traditional Flavor Yogurt Starter Culture is shipped in a barrier-sealed packet as a freeze-dried yogurt culture in a dairy carrier.
- Store in the refrigerator or freezer.
- Use by date on box.